History Of Lahore
Talking about the origin and history of Lahore
Lahore has its antiquity. In the history of Lahore, it has been controlled by numerous empires throughout the course, including the Hindu Shahis, Ghaznavids, Ghurids, and Delhi Sultanate by the medieval era. Lahore reached its high splendor under the Mughals empire between the late 16th and early 18th century and served as the capital of this empire for years
Lahore becoming the capital of Sikh Empire
Lahore was captured by the forces of the Afsharid ruler Nader Shah in 1739 and fell into a period of decay while being contested between the Afghans and the Sikhs. In the early 19th Century, Lahore finally became the capital of the Sikh Empire, and eventually, it gained its lost grandeur
Later on, Lahore was snatched by the British Empire and it became the capital of British Punjab. Lahore was central to the independence movements of both India and Pakistan, with the city being the site of both the declaration of Indian Independence and the resolution calling for the establishment of Pakistan. Following the success of the Pakistan Movement and subsequent independence in 1947, Lahore was declared the capital of Pakistan’s Punjab province.
Importance of Lahore besides from History of Lahore
- Lahore is the world’s 2nd largest city after Karachi and its capital of Pakistan’s largest province in terms of Population (Punjab).
- It exerts a strong cultural influence all over Pakistan and it’s the major center of Pakistan’s publishing industry,it remains the foremost center of Pakistan’s literature.
- Lahore is the major center of Education in Pakistan because it consists of some of Pakistan’s leading universities
- Its a core to Qawalli music, and is home to Pakistans film industry Lollywood
- It has hosts most of Pakistans tourists industries because it consists of many pieces of attraction including the walled city, Sikhs shrines, Badshahi and Wazir Khan mosques
- Lahore is home to many monuments like Lahore Fort, Shalimar Garden, and did you knew both of these are UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Now let me summarize all of the information given above view the chart below(History of Lahore)
|Empire||Century||Name or rank of the city|
|Mughals empire||Late 16th and early 18th century||Capital|
|Sikh Empire||Early 19th Century||Capital|
|British Empire||Late 19th Century||Capital of British Punjab|
|Pakistan||In 1947||Capital of Pakistan|